|Season 6, Episode 2|
|Air date||June 23, 2013|
|Written by||Angela Robinson|
|Directed by||Dan Attias|
"Who Are You, Really?"
"You're No Good"
- 1 Summary
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Trailer
- 4 Notes
- 5 Memorable Quotes
- 6 Cast
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Episode Ratings
A long-lost relative reveals himself to Jason and Sookie. After Tara is victimized by a new government weapon, Eric takes matters into his own hands in an effort to thwart Burrell’s anti-vampire initiatives. On the road to work, Sookie is drawn to a handsome stranger who shares her faerie abilities. Sam is unnerved by supernatural-rights zealot Nicole, and is confronted by Alcide and Martha about Emma’s future. Bill contemplates the scope of his heightened powers.
"You must complete my work."
The show opens to the bridge where Sookie's parents Michelle and Corbett died. A cloud of mystical light appears, with Warlow struggling to get out of it. At the same time the contract beside Sookie's bed begins to glow. Warlow finally enters the earth realm. Soaking wet, he bares his fangs and speeds off.
Jason is trying to control the crashing car when the stranger reappears in front of the car and uses light magic to halt the car. Jason jumps out pointing his gun. He tells the stranger, who he thinks is Warlow, to meet his maker and prepares to shoot. The stranger reveals himself as Niall Brigant and explains he is Jason's fairy grandfather. Jason questions whether the stranger truly could have been his fairy grandfather. Niall tells Jason that he has been watching over him his whole life. When Jason asks to prove this, he goes into many embarrassing personal things from Jason's life such as breaking his middle finger in fourth grade when trying to flip off Hoyt. Jason then asks why Niall didn't reveal himself before. Niall replies he was testing Jason and he failed miserably. He is not Warlow but if he had been Jason would surely be dead blabbing all his business to a stranger. If Jason wants a hand in killing Warlow he needs to get his head straight because he is clearly underestimating Warlow's strength.
In Fangtasia, Pam looks terrified as she holds Tara, who is screaming in pain on the bar. Pam has never seen anything like this before and seems scared for her progeny. As Eric and Nora enter the bar, they question Tara's screaming. Pam says that Tara has been shot and she isn't healing. Eric comes closer and takes a look at what looks like a burning hole in Tara's abdomen. Eric asks what caused it to which Pam replies the police and their new anti vampire weapons. Eric attempts to remove the bullet lodged in Tara's stomach but gets burned just by touching it. He then breaks a bottle and cuts the bullet out. Upon examination he realizes its a silver bullet with U.V light inside it. Tara heals immediately. Eric wonders where they got this technology when Nora brings up the fact that when in the authority they were warned about new weapons the government had created since learning of vampire's existence. Nora then realizes how humans are actually fighting back. Pam gets angry asking Nora what she'd expect after everything the authority did, like destroying the Tru Blood factories since Tru Blood was keeping the peace. They begin to argue when Eric shatters a glass and declares that if the humans want war, they will have war. He is not scared of humans and asks Nora to review the Book of Lilith again and find out what Bill may be. He leaves without letting anyone know where he was going.
Jessica is sleeping, when she wakes to Bill's screams. She speeds down to the study where she finds Bill screaming hysterically. He screams out to the pain of vampires, which he can feel but can't help them. He gets visions of a vampire being whipped by silver chains, another being cornered and burned to death, and another being dragged behind a truck. Bill collapses in a chair out of exhaustion when he gets a blank stare and no longer moves. In a vision he is brought to a meadow during day time being escorted by the three blood covered sirens that morphed into him earlier. They take him to Lilith. She dismisses the sirens and tells Bill to listen carefully because they do not have much time since events have been set in motion.
Sookie wakes up to her phone ringing. She answers groggily to find Arlene on the line telling her she is scheduled for a shift today and she is already late. Sookie speaks vaguely after her rough night but tells Arlene she will be in as soon as possible.
As Arlene complains to Terry about Sookie's inability to ever come to work, Terry spots a familiar face when a pregnant woman walks into Merlotte's. He points her out to Arlene as Patrick's wife. Terry doesn't want to talk to her but Arlene insists. Terry reluctantly goes to her and almost spills the beans about Patrick's death. She however is convinced Patrick ran away with another woman. Terry almost tells her that Patrick is dead when Arlene steps in and tells Patrick did in fact run away with another woman. She tells his wife to move on and stay strong for her and her child hoping that will be the end of it.
Sookie is walking to work since her car isn't fixed yet, when she hears a scream from the woods. She stops for a second before continuing, telling herself that she has to go to work and she cannot be stopped by crazy drama today when she hears another scream from the same direction. She sighs deeply and runs over to see a handsome stranger behind a bush, who is clearly injured. She asks what happened. He replies he has been attacked by a vampire. She asks if he needs help or a hospital to which he says no. As she reads his mind he thinks "He smelt my damn blood" and Sookie probes further finding out that this man is a Halfling like Sookie. She says again he needs a hospital but he replies hospitals don't know what to do for fairies. Having personal experience with this, decides to take him back to her house to help him clean his wounds. She asks him if he saw who attacked him. He says no but he got away by blasting him with a Photokinesis.
A group of teenagers enters Merlotte's. Arlene seats them finding out the majority of them are from L.A. Sam is behind the bar on the phone with Lafayette, who is currently in Sam's trailer watching Emma for him. One of the girls walks up to Sam and tells Sam that she knows what he is. Sam denies every knowledge. The woman says she is just there to help him and other shifters so he tells her to quiet down and come in the back with him. They go into Sam's office where the woman introduces herself as Nicole, co founder of the Vampire Unity Society. She tells Sam she wants to help him come out as a shifter to the world. Sam says no way, to which she brings up Governor Burrell declaring war on vampires and Sam says he doesn't care. She adds that he should care because shifters and all other Supes would be next and if all Supes came out publicly in a unified front, they could win. Sam still rejects her idea and states that he is hiding to protect himself. If they came out they would just be asking to be killed. Sam ends the conversation, to which Nicole hands him a card and leaves disappointed.
Jessica paces around Bill, who is still in his trance. He is speaking with Lilith who is saying that a tyrant is rising. It is the beginning of the end and Bill must complete her work. He asks why him and Lilith says he proved himself worthy by winning the battle for her blood. He asks if he is God and Lilith replies no, he is not god just as she is not god. Some will come to worship him as a god just as they do Lilith herself, but there is no other 'god' but God. Bill asks Lilith what he is supposed to do when he gets pulled away from his trance for a few seconds because Jessica is slapping him in the face, trying to wake him up.
Jessica tells Bill that she has brought him a donor to feed on, but he doesn't react. She walks into the main hall to bring in the woman from the blood donation service. They go into the room and the donor sits in front of Bill. She looks into his eyes and speaks to Bill, noticing the blood all down his face, as he doesn't react to her voice she stands up and begins to leave. All of a sudden, the woman goes rigid. Jessica can only watch in horror as Bill telekinetically contorts the woman's body in unspeakable ways, then siphons her blood through the air from her mouth until she is nothing more than a withered husk, at which point he goes comatose again.
Sookie is cleaning up the stranger she found injured while he sleeps. She wipes and bandages his wounds. When he wakes up, she accidentally touches his hand and a golden light trails her touch on his skin although neither of them know what it means. They get to know each other and find they both have the same outlook on the world being pretty bad when fairies are concerned right now. The man gets up and says he's going to leave when Sookie realizes she hadn't asked his name. He tells her his name is Ben and she tells him hers. She asks where he's headed and finds out he is pretty much a drifter and goes where the road takes him. Just as he is about to leave she tells him there is a safe place for fairies.
Jason and Niall, his fairy grandfather, enter Sookie's home looking for Sookie. Niall asks where Warlow appeared to Sookie before and Jason takes him to her bathroom. He uses his Photokinesis abilities to find the portal. He tells Jason he is going to find out if Warlow has escaped or not before jumping into a rift and disappearing. Jason tries to go through as well but hits the wall. As he looks around worried, Niall flies back through the portal on top of Jason, soaking wet. He looks at Jason and says that its worse than he thought.
Sookie walks Ben to Hot Wings and they get to know each other to pass the time. Sookie finds that Ben just moved to Bon Temps to finally put down some roots. He follows by asking if he could see Sookie again after this and maybe take her out. She awkwardly tells him she is not in the best place to be dating. As she thinks about just recently losing Bill, Ben overhears and asks her who Bill is. She completely closes up to Ben on the subject, telling him the rest of the way to the Fairy Club before leaving the other direction.
In Fangtasia Nora is reading the Book of Lilith when she finds a part of the book that may have been mistranslated. She tells Pam that Ginger came with a carton of blood. Pam points out that Eric doesn't tell Nora everything either apparently since they don't know where he is right now. Nora realizes she needs to leave to further investigate her theory and tells Pam to tell Eric that she will be back. Pam gets another attitude with Nora by telling Nora that Eric told her to fuck off so that's what she is doing. Surprisingly Nora attempts to make peace with Pam by telling her that she is the thing that Eric is most proud of and the only reason she didn't know about her was because Eric didn't want to risk Pam getting killed knowing it. She also added that she did know about Pam and that Eric talked of Pam often and fondly. Pam seems a little bitter still but seems softer towards Nora now.
Eric is standing outside Governor Burrell's mansion taking watch when he hears a human man walking down the street, stating he has a meeting with the governor at 5:30. Eric immediately attacks him.
Inside the mansion Willa Burrell is walking into her father's office who happens to be on the phone. She tells him that she wants to go out which he says no to. She lets Eric, who is disguised as the man who was actually supposed to have the meeting, into the Governors office. He pretends he is there for a bill about the extinction of the whooping crane. The Governor says he hasn't had time to look at his bill because of all this "vampire business". Eric continues to prod the governor becoming more and more rude as he speaks making it obvious he is no longer talking about whooping cranes. Burrell sits back behind his desk and tells him to cut to the chase when Eric jumps up and glamours him. He tells Burrell he needs to stop his persecution of vampires, he will reopen all vampire owned businesses and he now loves vampires. Burrell calls his guards and begins to laugh in Eric's face, who looks shocked. Burrell tells him that he has created contacts that protect humans from being glamoured. He tells Eric of some of the new ways they have learned to thwart vampires and tells his guards to take Eric to "Camp".
Sookie comes home to find Jason in her house and he introduces her to their fairy grandfather. They make dinner and sit down to eat. Niall tells them he is there to kill Warlow and has been tracking Warlow for a very long time. He also announces that Warlow has come back, but before they go after him he must let Sookie know everything. Niall's bloodlines are the first of all faeries and is considered as royalty, making Niall king of their tribe, Sookie a princess and Jason nothing since the gene skipped him. Warlow massacred Niall's village when he was a child and murdered his parents. Since then Niall has been tracking Warlow. He found him again when one of his sons was confronted by Warlow and forced to make the contract that gives Sookie away to him. Warlow showed up again years later on the night he killed Sookie and Jason's parents which was also the same night Claudine managed to blast him into a dark realm, where he had been ever since. There is a power passed down the bloodline through the generations and only their bloodline can use it, create an orb of light that can kill any vampire on touch and a light that's more powerful than the sun. Unfortunately for Sookie this ability is only a last resort. Using it would drain her light completely. Niall also teaches her how to make her magic go further from less.
Eric is outside the Governor's mansion, being escorted by the group of guards to a van. He asks them if they are going to read him his rights. They state he has none to which Eric replies "That's not very nice." He flies away from the scene, leaving dumb looks on the guards faces.
Sam enters his trailer to Lafayette watching television and Emma sleeping on the couch. Lafayette asks Sam what kind of trouble he is in as they hear a car pull up fast. Sam comes out alone and sees Martha, Alcide, and Danielle demanding to take Emma away from Sam. Sam says no because the last time he let Emma go with Martha, Russell got his hands on her and Luna gave her life to save her. Martha believes that Emma belongs with her because she is her grandmother. Alcide and Danielle both still seems jacked up from the vampire blood and get aggressive. Lafayette comes out and says that Emma wants to stay with Sam. Unknowingly the group is being photographed by Nicole and her group from the bushes. Emma runs out screaming for Sam trying to get to him when Martha intercepts her and takes her back to the car. Sam tries to punch Alcide but it barely phases him before he knocks Sam to the ground, at the same time Danielle uses her enhanced strength to knock Lafayette down and punches him in the face. After beating them down with Emma screaming for Sam, the werewolves drive away.
Willa Burrell is taking out her anti-glamouring contacts as she gets ready for bed. She realizes she needs to shut the window when Eric flies in and glamours her to let him into her room.
Jessica comes into Bill's house and puts up the shovels from burying the woman that Bill drained. Bill's vacant state remains as Jessica comes into the study to check on him. She remembers a family member who was in a coma and was told they could still hear you when you speak to them. She decides to speak to Bill in the same manner. She confesses that she feels like the world is unraveling around her. She also admits she doesn't know what to believe anymore about the human or vampire bible. She then asks him if he is god. After thinking about it she gets down and looks at Bill and begins to pray. She thanks god for his forgiveness and to bless her friends, all of them, Jason, Sookie, Pam, Tara, Sam, Lafayette, Hoyt, and even Eric but most importantly Bill. She confesses she needs Bill now more than ever and he is the only family she has. She cries blood tears and looks into Bills face to see his vacant stare yet again before giving up and walking to her room.
Bill is talking to Lilith and asks her how he will know what to do. Lilith tells him to trust what he knows and trust what he sees. When the time comes he will know exactly what to do. Lilith disappears and Bill snaps out of the coma. He stands, looking around confused when the television turns on by itself. The noise of the TV causes Jessica to run in, thanking her lucky stars that Bill is back, but Bill is concerned about what is on the television. It is a news report of a live video of a vampire being dragged by silver chains attached to a truck just as he had envisioned earlier. Jessica recalls his story and asks Bill if he can see the future. Bill says it as if he knows it is true when another vision hits him. It's of what looks like a gas chamber with Jessica, Tara, Eric, Pam, Nora, and other vampires standing there looking around when the ceiling moves to reveal a U.V lamp that burns all vampires within the chamber. Bill gasps shocked and says breathlessly "They're all gonna burn."
- This episode currently hasn't received any awards.
- The lush, sunny environment that Bill finds himself in is probably meant to be the Garden of Eden.
- Lilith says "there is no god but God", an allusion to the shahada, the Islamic declaration of faith. The direct English translation of the full shahada is "There is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God".
- Jason's mention of "Bubba Fett" is a reference to Boba Fett a popular Star Wars character.
Bloopers and Continuity Errors
- There are no bloopers that occur in this episode.
- There are no continuity notes for this episode.
- There are no flashbacks that occur in this episode.
- There are no miscredits that occur in this episode.
- The Sun - The Naked and Famous
- The episode of CHOPPED being watched by Lafayette is the Season 13 episode "Thirsty for Victory". The ingredient "Lump Crab Meat" is mislabeled in the episode's captioning as "Blood Crab Meat". The chef Lafayette points out as "about to be chopped", Phil Crispo, actually WON the episode in question.
- There are no notes on the title based on this episode.
- There is currently no trivia associated with this episode.
- (to Sookie) "Sookie Stackhouse, I don't know who you think you are but last time I checked you were still a waitress at a little diner called Merlotte's and it says here that you have a shift and in case you've forgotten that means you serve people food and they give you money."
- (to Sookie) "Well guess what missy hangover that ain't my GD problem!"
- (to Patrick's wife Mickey) "Oh sweetie I know, life is really a shit sandwich sometimes."
- (to Nicole and her friends)"Oh, honey, this is Bon Temps. 'Round here, 'organic' means church music."
- (to Jessica) "I can feel them, I can feel all of them, all their pain, all the vampires! They are whipping her with chains and she can't get away. There's another one and they've trapped him, he's gonna burn. They're dragging him behind a truck, they're laughing, on a road and I can't help them!"
- (to Lilith) "I don't know what I'm supposed to be."
- "I can see the future, they're all gonna burn."
- "I'm not scared of the humans."
- "If the humans want war, we'll give them war. Scour the vampire bible, find out what kind of monster Bill is."
- (to Governor Burrell) "I suppose they were just trying to survive, those little baby vampires....just like the whooping crane."
- (to Governor Burrell) "Well I dunno, perhaps you shouldn't underestimate them, I'm just saying it's a tough fucking bird."
- (to Governor Burrell) "Oh I'll tell you what you can do you sanctimonious sack of shit, you will stop your persecution of vampires, you will rescind your order to shut down vampire run businesses, and you will prosecute all human on vampire crime to the fullest extent of the law. As a matter a fact you now love all vampires."
- (to Willa) "Good evening Ms. Burrell, won't you invite me in?"
- (to Nora) "Try ... again !!"
- (to Eric) "I apologize I have not had time to read your proposal but I've been totally consumed by this vampire business."
- (to Eric) "You know they attacked a Chuck E. Cheese yesterday, did you hear about this? A vampire stole two little kids, turned them into two tiny little vampires, and those little fangers murdered their mommy and daddy, sucked them dry right in their own livingroom, oh can you imagine?"
- (to Eric) "I think you'd have to agree that if whooping cranes posed a threat to the population we'd have to wipe them out."
- (to Eric) "Sorry son, but that shit's not going to work anymore, yeah we figured out your little hypnosis trick. What did you all call it? Glamouring? Well we made special contact lenses to protect us. Matter of fact we figured out a lot about your kind, helping us develop these fancy new weapons. They will fry a vampire from the inside and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I have spent years waiting for the political winds to swing my way and then you fuckers went out and bombed your own damn Tru Blood factories. All the sudden no more obstacles, I'm a genius, so thank you for that. It's time for humans to bite back. You take this sneaky son of a bitch to Camp."
- (to Niall) "Prepare to meet your fucking maker Warlow!"
- (to Niall) "Well if you know me so well you know I hate tests!"
- (to Niall) "Sookie said he just came through the air like his face was in a ziplock bag."
- (to Sookie and Niall) "He's been tracking Warlow, like he's Bubba Fett, like an inter-galactic bounty hunter. You're not from outer space or something?"
- (to Sookie) "Okay so not actual inter-galactic travel but space and time shit that hurts my head."
- (to Human and Bill) "He had some kinda....umm, I dunno.....an episode, and then he just uh....hey Bill, this nice lady is here to feed you. Are you hungry?"
- (Screams)"Oh no! Bill what are you doing!?"
- (to Bill) "Heavenly father, I don't know the last time I prayed to you. I've been greedy and lustful and wrathful. I killed people and lied and I've taken your name in vain. Thank you for your forgiveness, please watch over my friends because that's what they are. Please bless Jason he is such a good man and he is hurting so bad. Please bless Sookie, I know she tried to kill you but she's been good to me and she loves you, I know she does. Bless Eric even in his anger and wrong headedness. Bless Pam, give her the courage to let happiness in, and bless Tara that she may find whatever it is she is looking for, and bless Sam and Lafayette and Arlene and all the good people of Bon Temps, they know not what they do and bless Hoyt where ever he is, watch out for him for me; and bless Bill, if you are him, or he is you, bless him, please bring him back to me, I need him, I really do."
- (to Bill) "The vampire you told me about earlier, the vampire being dragged by a truck, it's happening now what you saw before. You can see the future?"
- "Oh you owe me more than that, but that's alright I'll just put it on your tab. She a good kid, she got a special kinda spirit about herself. Sam what kinda trouble are you in?"
- (to wolves) "Y'all need to fuckin' mind y'all's mangy ass business. Emma said she wants to stay with Sam."
- (to Bill) "You think you still get to be Bill Compton?"
- (to Bill) "Then you must listen carefully as we do not have much time, it is beginning, events have been set in motion."
- (to Bill) "A tyrant is rising, it is the beginning of the end, you must complete my work."
- (to Bill) "No, god made me as vampire and Adam and Eve as human. I am worshipped as a god, as some may come to worship you as a god, but there is no god but God."
- (to Bill) "You must save us, save us all. You will know what to do, trust what you see."
- (to Jason) "I'm not Warlow, I'm your fucking fairy grandfather."
- (to Jason) "You broke your middle finger in fourth grade and you were mad because you couldn't flip off your friend Hoyt."
- (to Jason) "Warlow is thousands of years old, he's probably the oldest vampire still walking, and he's fast and he's clever. If you want in this fight you better straighten up because I have serious doubts about you being ready for whats going to come next."
- (to Jason) "When Warlow appeared to Sookie he was trying to break through, let's see if he succeeded."
- "There are some things you need to know Sookie, things I must tell you. Warlow is a vampire who has been obsessed with our family for thousands of years."
- (to Sookie) "We are the original Fae. Our bloodline is royal. I am king of our tribe."
- (to Sookie and Jason) "He massacred my village, I was young, three or four only. My mother told me to hide so I never saw him but I heard his name. He murdered the others and then he murdered my parents and then I was the only left."
- (to Sookie) "There is a power within the Fae of our bloodline, it is a secret that has been passed down through generations. We can channel our light into a single ball of energy that when released will go super nova, killing any vampire it touches. For you, this will be a last resort because you are only part fae you can only use it once and after that you will be Fae no longer."
- "They fucking did it, the humans are fighting back."
- (to Pam) "I'm so, so sorry that your little bar was robbed, and that you're scared, but Eric and I have to deal with the small matter of killing a vampire god!"
- (to Pam) "Eric loves you, you know? The only reason he never told you he had a sister inside the authority is because that knowledge could have gotten you killed but I knew of you. He spoke of you often and fondly. You're what he's most proud of."
- (to Nora) "What did you expect they would just lie there and take it? We had fuckin' Tru Blood to keep the peace, now that the Tru Blood is gone vampires are screwed!"
- (to Eric) "Maybe we should be scared, there's more of them than us and they're pissed and now they have weapons!"
- (to Nora) "Tell him yourself, he told me to fuck off so that's what I'm going to do."
- (to Nora) "He has a funny way of showing it..."
- "Listen, Nicole, you seem like a nice person but you don't know fuck all about my life. This is Louisiana, you know what that means?"
- (to wolves) "The last time we trusted your pack with Emma, Russell Edgington got his hands on her, I found her in a cage! Now Luna gave her life to save her so no you can't take her home with you!"
- (to wolves) "Listen I gave Luna my word and I'm gonna keep it."
- "No, not today, I have a job......oh gosh dangit!"
- (to Ben) "You probably banged your head along with your other injuries."
- (to Ben) "It wasn't long ago I wanted to get rid of my light. I'm sick of being different, sick of all the pain."
- (to Ben) "Doesn't seem to matter much, I'm more of a liability these days."
- (to Ben) "That's real nice of you but I'm not in what you call the best place to start something romantic, like now....I mean if that's what you were asking. Too soon I just lost Bill....."
- (to Ben) "I shouldn't be taking walks with handsome strangers, it never ends well."
Tara Thornton: (to Eric) "Dead general, got it."
|Episode #||Episode Title||Viewers (in millions)|
|#6.02 (62)||"The Sun"||4.08|
|True Blood Season 6|
|<< Season 3 • << Season 4 • << Season 5||Season 7 >>|
|#01 "Who Are You, Really?"||#06 "Don't You Feel Me"|
|#02 "The Sun"||#07 "In the Evening"|
|#03 "You're No Good"||#08 "Dead Meat"|
|#04 "At Last"||#09 "Life Matters"|
|#05 "F**k the Pain Away"||#10 "Radioactive"|