|Season 6, Episode 9|
|Air date||August 11, 2013|
|Written by||Brian Buckner|
|Directed by||Romeo Tirone|
A desperate Bill tries to ferry Warlow away from the faerie plane, but Sookie is having none of it. Meanwhile, Eric arrives at Vamp Camp, looking to inflict serious human damage. In Bon Temps, friends and family take emotional turns remembering a fallen neighbor. Bill feels the pull of Lilith’s sirens.
You make comin' out of the woods not so scary."
― Terry Bellefleur's thoughts, about Arlene Fowler
Sookie begins to hold the drained Warlow in her arms and feeds him. Bill demands that Warlow come with him but Sookie states thanks to Eric that deal is now off. Bill grabs Warlow and threatens Sookie's life to get off this plane of the fae but Warlow instructs Sookie to use her faerie magic to force Bill out of the plane. He lands in Bon Temps Cemetery and runs away. Warlow begins to feed on Sookie to regain his strength. People begin to arrive for Terry's funeral. Arlene arrives to see there are marines in full uniform for the 21 gun salute. She is then greeted by Reverend Daniels and Lettie Mae who show her to her seat.
At Vampire Camp Eric arrives and attacks all the guards surrounding the outside of the camp. Eric then enters the camp and confronts Dr. Overlark. Overlark doesn't have time to think before Eric is on him and he grabs his crotch ripping his genitals completely off of his body. Overlark falls screaming as blood gushes between his legs and Eric tells Overlark he will be back in ten minutes to make sure he has bled out.
Sookie is finished helping Warlow and tells him she needs to go to her friends funeral. Warlow asks her if the deal is still on for her to be his and she assures him she will not break the promise she made to him before leaving. She uses her light to travel to the cemetery but no one notices her unusual arrival. As she goes to find a seat she sees that everyone has mostly arrived and as she goes to sit Mrs. Bellefleur asks Portia loudly if Sookie is the weirdo. Sookie ignores this and goes to sit with Mrs. Fortenberry and Jane Bodehouse. Alcide shows up and greets Sookie who struggles to maintain a calm appearance as everyone finds their seats.
Back at Camp Bill arrives to find the bodies of the guards have been torn apart limb from limb and follows Eric's trail of carnage into the camp. Inside Eric has found the first male general population and he lets them all go. One does not leave and Eric finds that the vampire's maker is inside the drawer. Eric finds the vampire inside the drawer is showing the symptoms of Hepatitis V and tells the vampire that his maker is going to die a horrific death and he can either watch it or leave before exiting back into the vamps hallways. At this time Bill finds Dr. Overlark still alive but only just. He asks him who did this and Overlark tells him it was Eric. Bill is about to leave when Overlark asks him to kill him. Bill asks if he ever hurt his progeny Jessica and Overlark tells him he did. Bill then agrees to kill him and stomps his face in before continuing to search for Eric.
Reverend Daniels opens Terry's service with his own personal experience with Terry. He talks about Terry's love of family and that he respected him for it. Andy, who was sitting next to Holly and Adilyn, stands up to speak for his cousin whom he really felt was his brother. He recalls when Terry just came back from the war and had been hiding out in Fort Bellefleur, their hideout as children. He brings Terry some beer and begins to talk to him. He gets Terry to come out from hiding and talk but as much as he wants Terry to come home he won't. All he learns is Terry prefers Ragin' Bitch beer before Terry tells him to leave.
Bill walks the halls of the camp and finds the vampires are out attacking the human staff and subjecting them to the torturous acts they had only just been doing to the vampires. Bill sees many vampires but not Eric. He finds one room with three vampires interrogating Dr. Finn as if he were in therapy. Eric is in the female general population and sets them free when he finds Jason barely alive. Eric decides to feed Jason his blood because of his knowledge of the facility. As they are leaving they unknowingly pass Sarah Newlin who was hiding amongst some dead bodies. After they leave the area she runs the opposite direction.
Sam, sitting next to Nicole, gets up and speaks about his time as Terry's boss. He recalls that at first he did not want to hire him but he never regretted it because Terry was his best employee and he never missed a day of work. Sam goes with Andy to get Terry to come out of the fort for a little while as well as possibly hire him to work at Merlotte's and entices him with his favorite beer. They go fishing and Terry catches a catfish but he decides he wants Andy to throw the fish back because every life mattered. Sam knew he liked him from then on.
Eric finds the vampires who were talking with Dr. Finn. Jason watches the door as Eric tells Finn he forgot to ask him how Eric was going to kill him so he could prepare himself mentally. Dr. Finn says he doesn't care he will die a happy man because he had sex with Pam. Eric becomes angry and glamours Dr. Finn to find that he was telling the truth about having sex with his progeny but it was a deal to get her out of segregation. Eric decides to leave him alive because he wants to give Pam the honor of killing him. As Jason and Eric carry Dr. Finn through the halls of the camp they hear screaming and Eric realizes it's Ginger.
Lafayette goes to speak at Terry's funeral and recalls Terry's first day of cooking at Merlotte's. He finds Terry zoning out and burning the fries. Lafayette catches Terry's attention who admits he is scared and doesn't want to mess all of this up. Lafayette says he could see into his soul and knew he was sincere so he helps Terry learn how to cook fries. Portia then stands up and speaks about how much fun she had with Terry as a child and he had taught her to swing before awkwardly sitting down beside her grandmother again. Reverend Daniels says he will bring up Arlene but she thinks to herself she is not ready to say good bye and Sookie hears this and goes to speak to give Arlene time. She admits to the town that she loves Terry and Arlene so she will be honest about why she is different. She tells them that she is a telepath and she had a different insight about Terry's first shift at Merlotte's that she had never told Arlene before. That night she heard Terry's thoughts and there was a terrible waitress who didn't last there for very long who was hitting on Terry but Terry had really only thought about Arlene. The fact was he thought Arlene was beautiful from the second Arlene walked into his life. Sookie ends telling her she loves her and she deserved to know before sitting down next to Alcide crying.
Bill finds another empty general population and realizes he has no choice but to use his own blood to save the vampires. He finds a guard still alive and he has him take him to the white circular room. Sarah is walking upstairs to the top of the building holding Willa, Pam, Tara, Violet, Jessica, James, and Steve. She turns the mechanism to open the ceiling letting light into the building but as she does so Bill is already there feeding the group his blood. Eric, Jason, Ginger, and Dr. Finn find themselves in the next room watching the scene through the two way mirrors. Eric goes into the circular room and holds Steve into the sun before he can have Bill's blood. Before Steve meets the true death he screams out his love for Jason. The rest of the vampires are high from drinking Bill's blood and relish their freedom in the sun. Pam goes into the other room and kills Dr. Finn.
Arlene goes to the podium to speak about her husband. She admits they took turns being crazy but the night their son Mikey was born he was strong for both of them. She admits that Terry was her rock that night as their son would not feed but Terry talks her through it to get their son to feed and then after telling her how much he loves her and their family. Reverend Daniels says he will let the marines do the salute but Big John, the third cook in Merlotte's, stands up and says he has something to say. He then sings a song his grandmother used to sing called "Life matters." Mrs. Bellefleur is rude through the whole thing but Arlene commends Big John for his beautiful song.
Violet holds Bill thanking him for the gift of light as Pam dances with Dr. Finn's dead body and the other vampires dance and celebrate. Pam then asks if everyone should be dead and Jason realizes they haven't found Sarah and leaves as the other vampires exit the other way leaving Bill alone in the circular room. As he lays there the three blood covered sirens appear to him. Outside the camp Jason finds Sarah attempting to escape. She reaches in her car for her gun but Jason tackles her and takes the gun. He holds the gun to Sarah's face and is about to pull the trigger but decides he doesn't want anymore blood on his hands and lets Sarah escape.
The vampires make it outside and begin to destroy all of the contaminated Tru Blood. They show in other areas of the world such as Honolulu the Tru Blood is taken off the delivery trucks. Bill is in the circular room as the sirens tell him his time on earth has come to an end. Bill tells them he is not going anywhere and he did as he was asked so they should just leave before summoning Jessica. Jessica feels his pull and recalls that they left Bill behind. James accompanies her to find Bill. Meanwhile Eric goes back to the room where his sister Nora was injected with the Hep V and as the memories hit him he destroys the room in anger. Jessica and James find Bill who weakly explains that Lilith has sent her sirens to take him and James attempts to feed Bill his blood to restore him.
The funeral concludes with the 21 gun salute done by the marines. The marines then fold the American flag over Terry's coffin and as they hand it to Arlene, she thinks to herself that the funeral was acceptable and she believes that Terry would be happy with the way it went. Sookie telepathically hears this thought and is joyous to know her friend is okay with how everything went.
The vampires come to the exit of the camp when Jessica, James, and Bill join them. Jason comes from the another direction and Violet sees him and claims him again as her own. As the rest of the vampires happily leave the camp in the sun Pam realizes Eric is not there. She looks around and see him from a distance but he does not come to her. He looks at her for a moment and she gets a bad feeling and demands for him not to leave. Eric takes one last look before flying into the sky away from her and Pam cries.
- This episode currently hasn’t received any awards.
- Jason's dream of Eric shown in I Found You is foreshadowed in this episode.
Bloopers and Continuity Errors
- There are no bloopers that occur in this episode.
- There are no continuity notes for this episode.
- There are a number of flashbacks that take place during Terry's funeral:
- Andy has a flashback of visiting Terry at Fort Bellefleur after he returned from Iraq.
- Sam has a flashback of Andy bringing him to Fort Bellefleur where he first met Terry. The three go fishing together and Sam offers Terry a job at Merlotte's.
- Lafayette has a flashback about Terry's first shift at Merlotte's.
- Sookie has a flashback about Terry's first shift at Merlotte's as well. She listened to his thoughts and knew that he loved Arlene from the moment they met.
- Arlene has a flashback to when Mikey was born and wouldn't breast feed. Terry calms her down and eventually Mikey starts to feed. Terry tells Arlene how much he loves their family.
- There are no miscredits that occur in this episode.
- "Life Matters" by Chris Pierce. Chris Pierce happens to be Tara Buck's (Ginger) husband.
- "Why Did You Leave Me Now?" by Liz Rodrigues. End credits
- Todd Lowe makes his first appearance since his death in "Don't You Feel Me". He reprises his role as Terry through flashbacks. While Sam, Andy, Lafayette, and Sookie are reminiscing.
- Lucy Griffiths reprises her role as Nora Gainesborough through archive footage since she had met the true death in "In the Evening". She appeared through a flashback when Eric goes back to where she was injected. It was a replay of her being injected in front of Eric. She is still credited for this episode.
- Dale Raoul and Adina Porter both reprise their role for the first time this season. Maxine and Lettie Mae respectively.
- As of this episode Dale Raoul and Tara Buck are the only two recurring characters to never become regulars to appear in every single season to date.
- Rutger Hauer, Kelly Overton and Robert Patrick are not credited and do not appear in this episode.
- Arliss Howard is credited and does not appear in this episode.
- Alec Gray does not appear in this episode as Coby Fowler. Child actor Troy Glass makes an uncredited appearance as Coby in this episode. He is never addressed as Coby nor does he have any lines, but given that he is sitting next to Lisa and the rest of the Bellefleurs during the funeral, it is a safe assumption that he is indeed Coby Fowler.
- The title of this episode is named after the song "Life Matters" by Chris Pierce, which was also sung by Big John during the funeral. The title is also a reference to a line that Terry has in the episode, "all life matters," in addition to the overall theme of the episode in which the main characters in Bon Temps celebrate the life of Terry Bellefleur, and the vampires held in Burrell's camp who are fighting for their lives.
- As of this episode, six key vampires seen in the series become daywalkers, after Bill and Eric: James, Jessica, Pam, Tara, Violet, and Willa Burrell. Eric becomes a daywalker and sees the sun for the first time in over 1,000 years, while Tara and Willa become the only vampires to be away from sunlight for barely under a month as baby vampires. However, Eric did see the sun briefly after draining Claudine completely of her blood.
- Antagonist: Sarah Newlin
- "Come on Warlow, come back to me!"
- "He'll die and there has been too much dying. I know we did Bill but Eric took our deal and fucked it in the ass. You're the god of all vampires, deal with your vampire."
- "Seriously? I'm knawing on my own arm and you're going to drop fang on me? Come on Warlow, drink."
- "Does he really look like he's in any kind of shape to go save vampire kind with you?"
- "God damnit Bill, you don't have to do this. You do have a choice. Right now Eric has more of Warlow's blood coursing through his veins than Warlow does. You want his blood take it from Eric and leave us the fuck alone!"
- "Are you feeling any better? Just the funeral has started."
- "Warlow I made you a promise, when I promise somebody something I keep it."
- "Ms.Fortenberry, Ms.Bodehouse, are those two seats taken? How is Hoyt by the way?"
- "Well don't you look all dressed up. I guess it would take a funeral to tame the beast within."(Sookie to Alcide)
- "Actually I was saving it for Jason but I haven't seen him yet. You bet. Alcide thanks for coming."
- "Hi, um, I'm not real comfortable talking in front of people but I loved Terry and I love Arlene so. We're a small community here in Bon Temps so I know pretty much everyone of you has figured out by now that I'm different but only a small handful of you know what that difference is. I'm a telepath. So, I got a slightly different insight into that same night that Lafayette was talking about, Terry's first shift. I knew Terry on the count of the Bellefleurs and the Stackhouses go way back but when I heard he was coming to work at Merlotte's I was pretty curious myself. Arlene I never told you this back then but when me you and Terry at passthrough with that Waitress whose name we refused to learn because we couldn't believe Sam had hired her. Well I was listening in to Terry's thoughts that night. He loved you since the second you walked into his life. Not to many people can say they were loved like that but you can Arlene. I just want you to know."
- "No, Sookie use your light. It will!"
- "When you came here last night with Bill, you were prepared to be mine were you not? Are you still?"
- "I believe you, come here. You can't go to a funeral with that on your arm, let me heal you."
- "The little blood he has left. I need it. We had a deal Sookie."
- "You see that he's looking better already. Shall we go Warlow?"
- "I couldn't give a shit what kind of shape he is in. How do I get out of here? I have no choice."
- "How about you tell me how I get out of here. Tell me how I get out of here or Sookie dies!"
- "Shut up! Was the vampire who did this to you tall and blonde? You see where he went?"(Bill to Overlark)
- "In you time here did you have any interactions with a redheaded vampire named Jessica Hamby?"
- "Did you hurt her? Then I will be happy to kill you, you fuckin' cockroach."
- "Northman, let him have my blood."
- "I'm not going anywhere. Leave me alone, I did what you wanted me to do. Stay away from me!"(Bill to Blood Sirens)
- "They're coming for me, Lilith sent them. They're coming closer."
- "Dr. Overlark. I will be back in ten minutes to make sure you have bled out."
- "Gentlemen, you are all free to go. Go on. Go kill your captors."
- "You drink the Tru Blood? Sorry. Your maker is going to die a horrible death, its up to you whether you want to watch it but like I said, you are free to go."(Eric to Prisoner)
- "You are free, go forth and kill the humans!"
- "Jason Stackhouse, looking good my friend."
- "Now the last time I saw you, you were spouting some pretty hateful ideas. How well do you know your way around this place?"
- "Yeah? Help me remember, have I ever healed you before? Hm. Well then you are in for a treat. Now when you dream of me, dream of nice things."(Eric to Jason)
- "Hello vampire, could I have a minute alone with the good doctor please? Now."
- "You forgot to ask me something. During our sessions, there was something you forgot to ask me. You should've asked me how you were going to die, so you could've prepared yourself, mentally."(Eric to Dr.Finn)
- "Sure, I'll bite. Is this true? What you are saying, did you have sex with Pam?"
- "Let's go. No I'm not, we're gonna go find Pam and then she is going to kill you. I think she has more than deserved the right you disgusting cretin."
- "I know that scream, hold this. Hello Ginger."
- "Every time I've lost someone I loved, you've been there."(Eric to Steve)
- "No he's a fucking turncoat."(Eric to Bill)
- "You have no future."(Eric to Steve)
- "You take such good care of me."(Pam to Eric)
- "Have we killed everyone who needs to be killed?"
- "Don't you dare leave me."(Pam to Eric)
- "Thank you mister."(Willa to Bill)
- "We left Bill behind."
- "What do I do? Vampire blood doesn't heal vampires."
- "Come y'all, lets take this party back to our place!"
- "Where are you going?"(James to Jessica)
- "Feed him! It just did. whatever is in his blood saved us, maybe we can give some back to him."
- "Drink! Drink!"(James to Bill)
- "I'm going to be honest here when Andy asked me to give Terry a chance in the kitchen I wasn't so sure but he turned out to not only be one of the best employees I have ever had. I don't think he even missed a day but Terry he was one of the best and most loyal friends that I ever had."
- "Ye though I walk to the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. For thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Anointous my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the lord forever."
- "Die fuckers!"
- "Jason! Please this is gods work I am doing and if you kill me he will punish you!"
- "You're not a killer Jason, don't do this. It is not Jesus!"
- "What will become of your soul Jason?!"
- "Oh god Jason, you did the right thing!"
- "Scoot. My turn. Let me in! Please I barely got a taste! Please y'all I don't want to die!"
- "Why? What did I do?"
- "Please, I was weak but I won't be in the future."(Steve to Eric)
- "No! No! I love you Jason Stackhouse!"
- "They took em all away...Tara, Jess, all of them. I know I was. Pretty fuckin' well."(Jason to Eric)
- "I don't think so..."
- "Vinny, sup McGuilroy, Joss, High five Theron."(Jason to dead guards)
- "All except one."
- "Sarah you ain't gonna get away! You are too fuckin' slow and too fuckin' evil!"
- "How dare you speak for god!"(Jason to Sarah)
- "Oh it's not me doing it honey pie, its Jesus. And why not! If you can talk to god then why can't I talk to Jesus? See Jesus says to me you deserve to die. He says to go fuck yourself!"
- "Oh whats that big J? Uh huh, yeah I'll tell them. He says to tell you, you're an average fuckin' lay."
- "I don't know but at least I got one. I don't want anymore blood on my hands, not even yours, get the fuck out of here. Don't make me change my mind!"
- "Thank you, whoever you are for the gift of light. I never thought I'd see the day."(Violet to Bill)
- "Mm darling, you feed only me."(Violet to Jason)
- "I'm comin' for you sun!"
- "Well if it isn't my knight in shinning armor."(Ginger to Eric)
- "Don't leave me alone!"(Ginger to Jason)
- "Hey everyone, you all know me as sheriff but today I'm just Andy. Terry and I, we were cousins but we grew up as brothers. Our grandmother instilled in both of us a sense of civic duty. She taught us we had a responsibility to the community we grew up in."
- "For me that meant staying here. For Terry it meant something bigger. But when he came back, and this is no big family secret I am giving away here, that responsibility weighed on him. I remember him saying 'War is not a game.' and I said I know and he said 'No you don't' and I knew it. I knew he was right. I didn't know it the way he knew it. Then he'd disappear to our childhood hangout. A place we called Fort Bellefleur."
- "Ragin' Bitch IPA. It's the only American beer the european soldiers could even stand to drink over there. You might have to special order it."
- "You have no idea what I did for this country."(Terry to Andy)
- "What do you want cuz? I can't there is nothing there for me now."
- "She got kids? I can't be around kids!"
- "I'll fish."(Terry to Sam and Andy)
- "The restaurant business what's that like? I don't like work or people..."
- "Throw it back. Every life matters, throw it back."
- "What if it don't work out? I spilled my beer. I like you Sam."
- "I just don't wanna fuck this up. I'm sorry about your fries. Thank you Lafayette, thank you so much."
- "Whats her name? What?"(Terry to Sookie)
- "I wanna tell you something Arlene. I love this family. I love it so much."
- "I can't go yet, I can't do this. I'm not ready, I'm not ready to say goodbye...are you listening in on me?"(Arlene to Sookie telepathically)
- "It was at about 3 or 4 in the morning and Terry, we used to always say that the reason we worked was on the account of we always took turns freaking out. One day it was his turn to be strong, the next day it was mine. Well let's just say that the night Mikey was born was so not my turn to be strong, I just didn't know how we were going to pull it off, what with two kids already so much older and we were still living in that old apartment. And Terry he just, he was my rock."
- "Hey, thank you big John, that was the shit."
- "Didn't love the gun fire, but how come it didn't feel like the lie I thought it would? Not nearly as empty or meaningless as I feared. I actually think Terry would've been okay with this."
- "I wasn't sure if I was going to come up here today or not but me and Terry worked too long and too close for me not to."
- "Anyway, first time I met Terry Bellefleur was his first day on the job and I didn't know nothing about him other than he was this battle field hardened U.S. Marine who had some shit going on, well he had no experience working in the kitchen and I didn't want anyone leaning on me especially no soldier."
- "How Y'all doin' fellas?"(Lafayette to the Marines in uniform)
- "About an hour in I looked into Terry's eyes and I saw something that I didn't expect to see. Mostly I don't believe in all this stuff but I saw it. I was looking straight into his soul."
- "Doesn't look like Jason is going to show. Thought you might need a shoulder to cry on. I'm sure he is fine."(Alcide to Sookie)
- "There are those who say it goes God, country, family in that order. Others would argue it should be God, family, country. Well Terry and I got to talking once and he told me that for him it was family,family,family and he didn't expect it was ever going to change. And believe it or not even as a man of god I was satisfied with his answer because I knew he meant it. Terry Bellefleur believed in family and for him, everything flowed from that."
- "Before we go to the Marines we are going to hear from Big John Dickson."
- "He's doing real good. He's got a girlfriend and everything. Ugly as sin but at least she ain't a red headed blood sucker."
- "Yeah he does...who is he?"(Maxine to Sookie)
- "Is the Stackhouse girl? The weirdo?"
- "Is that a boy or a girl?"
- "There are a lot more negros then I thought there would be. I'm just saying he's not in the program."
- "I really don't see what was the point of that."
- "Now he smells like a man..."(Jane to Maxine)
Random Vampcamp Prisoner
- "He let us go! What a wonderful gift. Ahh, so many hallways so many possibilities."(Inmate to Bill)
- "You are going to have to tell me what you did with your rabbit. Did you hurt it? Did you touch it?"(Inmate to Dr. Finn)
|Episode #||Episode Title||Viewers (in millions)|
|#6.09 (69)||"Everybody Wants to Rule the World"||4.00|
|True Blood Season 6|
|<< Season 3 • << Season 4 • << Season 5||Season 7 >>|
|#01 "Who Are You, Really?"||#06 "Don't You Feel Me"|
|#02 "The Sun"||#07 "In the Evening"|
|#03 "You're No Good"||#08 "Dead Meat"|
|#04 "At Last"||#09 "Life Matters"|
|#05 "F**k the Pain Away"||#10 "Radioactive"|