- "And their flesh shall nourish yours, their blood shall flow within you, for as the beetle nourishes the lark so shall human nourish vampire."
- ―Excerpt from the "Book of the Vampyr"[src]
Allegedly older than either testament of the "Holy Bible", the "Book of the Vampyr" chronicles the creation of the universe, all life in it, the life and demise of Lilith, and the beginnings of "The Authority".
At no point does the text mention the possibility of Lilith returning or being resurrected, so vampire Bill Compton's transformation after ingesting Lilith's blood came as a complete surprise, even to those who knew the text well. ("Who Are You, Really?"), It was later discovered, however, that the text held even more secrets than was previously thought. ("The Sun")
Despite its prominence and central role in vampire society, its authenticity and accuracy are dismissed by many vampires. This even includes members of the Authority. Guardian Roman Zimojic didn't place much faith in the book that gave him his rank and Chancellor Dieter Braun claimed that the work's author, an acquaintance of his, was intoxicated while writing it.
Book of Lilith
- Lilith, the first, but non-servient wife, of Adam, in the Hebrew bible, is a demon in Jewish mythology.
- Lilith is omnipresent, day and night, light and dark. She waxes and wanes in presence, reflecting the coming and going of all things, the expanding and contacting of our lungs, the ebb and flow of the ocean, the heave and sway of Universal energies, the beginning and ending of our lives. Her dark spirit of enlightenment is expressed in the heavens - it has to be dark to see the stars. In Her dark world stars will shine and shower us with light. Her sight is upon all things and within all things. Her eternal flight from the repressive and elitist Garden of Eden and the rigid demands of the patriarchal system is representative of the pure freedom of spirit that all women and men deserve and Her wings beat the breath of beauty and sensual love into all things.
Book of Baphomet
- Baphomet is the ancient goat-headed idol used in occult practices and satanic rituals.
- Satanists hail Lilith variously as the Bride of Satan, Satan's daughter, the Queen (or Princess) of Hell, the Mother of All Demons, the sister of Cain, and/or the sister of Lucifer, the Bride of Samael - - Satan, Cain, Lucifer, Samael - - all names of [the Dark] God.
Book of Azera
- Azera, possibly a feminized form of Ezra, is a writer, prophet, and a preacher against sinful marriages.