Bellefleur's Bar and Grill, commonly referred to as the "BB&G", is a popular hangout on the HBO original series True Blood. Formerly known as Merlotte's Bar and Grill, it is under the current ownership of owner Arlene Fowler Bellefleur. A restaurant formerly owned by a shifter, Sam Merlotte, Bellefleur's Bar and Grill has a habit of being close to the center of the supernatural and over-the-top happenings in its hometown of Bon Temps, Louisiana. While Sam has said that he opened it as a place for people to come, sit down, and not have to dance, it is likely that most of the occurrences happen due to the shifter also having employed a halfling, a medium, and a witch. Regardless, it remains to be a popular hangout for Bon Temps residents.
History[edit | edit source]
Bellefleur's Bar and Grill is a Bar and Grill in Bon Temps, a small rural town situated in Renard Parish, Louisiana. The bar was renamed in 2010 as ownership was passed on to its current owner, Arlene. The former owner, Sam, was the original Bar and Grill's owner, having established the bar, then known as "Merlotte's Bar and Grill", shortly after arriving in Bon Temps in the early 90s. One of Sam's original employees, Arlene, was still waitressing at Merlotte's when Sam relinquished ownership of the establishment to Arlene. Upon acquisition of the BB&G, Arlene rebrands the bar and grill, trying to give it a fresh new look, as Bellefleur's Bar and Grill. She remains the current owner to this day.
Location[edit | edit source]
Bellefleur's Bar and Grill is located in Bon Temps, a small rural town situated in Renard Parish, Louisiana. It is situated between Arlene's house, which she rents from her former employer, Sam, and Sam's Trailer, located behind his former Bar and Grill, "Merlotte's" now referred to as Bellefleur's Bar and Grill.
Employees[edit | edit source]
Current Employees[edit | edit source]
Former Employees[edit | edit source]
Customer Relations[edit | edit source]
Formerly owned by Sam, Bellefleur's, like its predecessor Merlotte's, tends to have a very poor record of service; many of its employees, including current owner Arlene and former employee Tara, are rude to the customers on a regular basis. Fights between employees within view of the customers are quite common. Others have ended up dead within weeks of each other, leading Arlene to be concerned that she, too, would eventually be killed.
The former owner, Sam, has expressed relief that he possessed the only bar in town. If it was not for this reason, very few people would actually come back to Merlotte's.
Deaths in and around Bellefleur's[edit | edit source]
In chronological order:
- Mack Rattray - killed by Bill Compton in the parking lot.
- Denise Rattray - killed by Bill Compton in the parking lot.
- Nancy LeGuare (aka "Miss Jeanette") - killed by Maryann (body discovered in parking lot).
- Daphne Landry - killed by Maryann near the pond (body discovered in Merlotte's freezer).
- Benedict Talley (aka Eggs) - killed by Jason in the parking lot.
- Franklin Mott - staked by Jason next to the trash bins.
- Tommy Mickens - killed by Marcus Bozeman (died inside Merlotte's).
- Patrick Devins - shot by Terry Bellefleur/consumed by the Ifrit in the main dining area.
- Terry Bellefleur - shot by Justin McGillich next to the trash bins.
- Tara Thornton - killed by infected vampires in the parking lot.
Merlotte's Menus[edit | edit source]
Pages advertising the bar and grill's fare listed the items below:
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Staff Images[edit | edit source]
Branding[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood visionaries Alan Ball and Charlaine Harris both appear in a photograph behind the bar.
- The cash register is a Sharp XE-A102.
- Taxidermy around the bar include alligators, snakes and squirrels.
- Set designers ensured that the beer taps in Merlotte's actually worked. They poured cold, non-alcoholic beer.
- While hardly visible on-screen, the door knob to Sam's office possess an engraved image of a dog's face.
- Someone died in and/or around this establishment in every season of the show.